Location: Strathroy, Ontario
Founded in 1986, The Sansin Corporation is a global leader in environmentally friendly wood protection, focused on creating the best performing, most beautiful water-borne wood finishes in the world.
We are currently seeking an experienced Graphic Artist to assist with our design and marketing efforts. This individual will provide creative and innovative solutions, while producing designs that align with brand guidelines and company expectations.
*As a condition of employment, the candidate will have to undergo a criminal background check.
- Strategic thinking and excellent communication skills to move ideas from concept to execution.
- Strong background in campaign and product design.
- Manage and oversee production from idea to conception.
- Possess thorough understanding and experience building files for both print and digital (collateral, packaging/product design, responsive web designs, ecommerce, marketing emails, social, etc).
- Extremely creative thinker who brings new ideas to the table.
- Manage multiple projects and remain flexible through multiple revisions while keeping a keen attention to detail.
- Collaborate with Executive Management, Sales, Customers and external agency teams and other internal stakeholders to concept, develop, and execute product launches.
- Work on a wide range of marketing initiatives such as signage, email marketing, labeling and packaging, brochures, etc. from conception to purchasing
- Work on various print and packaging projects to help develop our brand presence and customer experience.
- Occasionally interface with outside vendors as needed for work such as merchandisers, photographers or print vendors.
- Implements the brand tone + voice through design across all touch points of the brand.
- Attends weekly project reviews, examines assigned project specs, paying close attention to marketing objectives and deadlines.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with excellent attention to detail with minimal supervision.
- Prioritize and manage own workload while taking ownership of deadlines across multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Work independently to anticipate problems before they arise; find solutions and follow-up on own initiative.
- QA own or others’ design work and assist with production tasks associated with projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field required.
- 5+ years of design experience in branding for print, packaging, and digital marketing – experience in both print and web creative execution a must.
- Strong visual design sense, excellent typography & layout skills, keen eye for detail and brand identity systems.
- Possess an outstanding portfolio with variety of industries and deliverables represented.
- Experience working with marketing teams and demonstrated flexibility in management of creative execution needs, and ability to positively respond to critique/feedback.
- Fluency in current graphic design practices and Adobe CC Suite (primarily Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
- Understanding of the latest design trends (type, layout, digital).
- Self-disciplined and motivated in a fast-paced environment that requires creativity and strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter, positive attitude, sense of humor, and can work independently but values collaboration and feedback.
- Photography skills are needed, video editing is a plus.
Sansin Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Sansin respects the right to medical privacy and will not require proof of vaccination.
We look forward to developing our team with the addition of individuals capable of filling the following positions. Resumes can be faxed or mailed to the contact information listed below. Please indicate position being applied for in the subject of the e-mail or fax.
The Sansin Corporation
Attn: Human Resources